Pregnancy is an intense experience. However, we often don’t relate to the hardships of pregnancy when it comes to animals. These pictures provide a perspective that you can’t help but feel for.
You will certainly be entertained by as some of these animals expressions, they are truly priceless! These poor moms are huge and clearly cannot wait until their kids come out!
1. This nanny goat named Georgia is expecting some kids and you can see her situation, along with her expression, is one of frustration as no doubt she is anxiously awaiting her kids to get on out!
2. She’s so pregnant, she cannot even move! This is a Japanese macaque who is simply going to chill out and do some reading until it’s delivery time.
3. Around four years old are when the female monk seals will mature. They usually will pump out about a calf a year. Since they are endangered, every little baby is indeed important. Here’s one who is expecting on the beaches of Hawaii.
4. This bulldog mommy is feeling the frustrations of the waiting game. She wants to give birth, like now! American Bulldogs will give birth to an average of 11 puppies and the pregnancies can last around 62 days.
5. Doesn’t this just say it all! Mommy is not happy that her kids are still playing around inside and are not yet ready to pop out! She’s a hairless sphynx cat and her expression is classic. And she’s big! Their pregnancies last around 65 days, and this was probably taken during those last few weeks of frustration!
6. This ferret is fat! But it’s not because of a bad diet, it’s because she’s about to pop out probably around eight little ferret babies. Though they can have as many as 18, and judging from the size of this gal she may be leaning towards that number! Luckily they only have 6 weeks of pregnancy to endure.
7. Here’s a big and pregnant guinea pig who ended up having a whopping five pups (three is the average). Their gestation period usually lasts from 59 to 72 days.
8. Here’s a harbor seal who is beached out in the sun in Alsea Bay, Oregon. She’s waiting for the tide to come in, but in the meantime she’s taking a break. And well deserved as they can be pregnant for up to 11 months.
9. A pregnancy for a zebra can last up to 12 months! Usually they just have a single foal, and as you can see , this mommy is huge and couldn’t fit another one in there!
10. You can imagine how all that extra weight can drastically affect the standing ability of the big and tall Giraffe. Apparently these giraffes can stay with their calves for 460 days long!
11. This big ol sheep is ready to go in any moment! She has a big baby on the way no doubt! This photo comes from Gross Kreutz, Germany from Sean Gallup.
12. These ponies have pregnancies that last a whopping 326 days! This mini horse cannot wait to go back to being mini once again!
13. She’s just gonna ride it out on the ground until these kids are ready to come out into the world. She should have around 10, and she likely has been pregnant for over 100 days.
14. While technically this frog isn’t pregnant, she is carrying the eggs in her, and sometimes, those eggs can be 20,000 at a time!
15. The thing about Hippo’s is that their babies are actually 10-times bigger than the size of human babies! The hippo here, Daisy here has been pregnant for eight months.
16. So the deal with female seahorses, is that they actually insert their eggs into the males! And it’s end up becomn males who pop out from 100-1000 babies!
17. This big preggers fox squirrel is snacking away big time! You don’t want to interrupt a squirrel this size. She ended up having three big bushy-tailed babies!
18. This is a gorilla from 2012 who is pregnant and cannot wait for her child to arrive, as she’s sitting, and wondering when the time will be!
19. Here’s a fully loaded lamb who is still fully functional as she wanders the countryside awaiting the departure of the 1 to 3 lambs she’s going to have.
20. She’s near her due date and oh boy is she ready! Get out, get out, get out! Her expression says it all…
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome