One Nebraska wedding nearly came to a halt after the bride suffered a severe allergic reaction to the hand picked flowers she used for her bouquet.
Christine Miller, who unknowingly had added snow-on-the-mountain flowers to her bouquet, woke the morning of her wedding to a bumpy rash and swollen eyes. The flowers can cause a reaction very similar to that of poison ivy.
“I was the scariest-looking person at my wedding,” Miller told Inside Edition. “I was in so much pain. Nobody knew what to do.”
The night before the wedding the bride and her bridesmaids were putting the final touches on the floral arrangements and that’s when all the trouble started. The next day, Miller woke up feeling miserable.
Miller continued to get ready and went through with the ceremony to marry her fiancé, Jon, before the newlyweds rushed off to the hospital to find relief.
“She was struggling to keep her eyes open, they were constantly watering and she just looked miserable,” Miller’s groom told Inside Edition.
“I had a rash still on my neck so I wanted to get my dress off because I wanted to be comfortable and so he ran into Target and got me a shirt that said ‘Bride’ on it and pajama pants, and that’s what I wore into our reception,” she told Inside Edition.
They were able to redo their wedding photos a week later.