Burt’s Bees is one of the best lip balms that you can buy. However, Burt’s Bees is one of the most expensive lip balms on the market, some places charges as much as $4 for a tiny tube of the soothing medication.
So, with that said…you can’t make your own version of Burt’s Bees lip balm for roughly 12-cents a tube! Whoo-hoo!
Here is how!
- 20 grams Beeswax (about 3 Tablespoons of the whiter beads, but you can use a white/yellow bar too)
- 20 grams Cocoa Butter or Coconut Oil (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 45 grams Sunflower Oil (1/4 cup)
- 8 drops Vitaman E oil (4 vitamin E oil tablets worth)
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 12 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Pea-sized drop of Lanolin (don’t use much of this or your balm will taste bad)
The ingredients are measured in grams so that if you have a little scale you can get accurate & exact measurements (which is best) but if you don’t have a scale they are measured too.
Making chapstick is pretty easy! Basically all you need to do is melt it all and pour into your containers!
Step one – measure out all your ingredients except essential oils into a cup or pan. I cut open the little Vitamin E tablets and squeezed the good stuff into the cup.
Next, melt all the ingredients, and stir. The beeswax seemed to take the longest to melt, but it was all melted within a couple of minutes.
Once it’s all melted add your essential oils and mix it up.
Then test it out, to make sure it has the flavor you want by letting a tiny bit cool on your finger. Rub it on your lips and check if its just right. If you feel it needs more mint or other flavorings, add more!
Then use a dropper to add the melted goodness into chapstick tubes. (If it cools too quickly before you’re done filling your tubes, just pop it in the microwave till it melts again.)
That’s it! Your’e Done!
images/recipe via: happymoneysaver
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Kind