I am a huge pizza lover, the more cheese the better. I am also a huge fan of stuffed crust pizza so I naturally felt it was necessary to share this wonderful, easy recipe. Oh…and the best part…string cheese is the secret ingredient.
Pillsbury’s Lauren Chattman teamed up with the folks at Howdini to show you how easy it is to impress the cheese lovers in your family with this homemade stuffed crust pizza recipe that serves up to eight people.
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 7 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 24 slices pepperoni (from 3.5-oz package)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 12-inch pan
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray or grease 12-inch pizza pan. Unroll dough; place in pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, pressing up and extending over side by 1 inch.
- Place string cheese around inside edge of crust.
- Fold extended edge of dough over cheese; pinch firmly to seal.
- Spoon sauce evenly over dough. Top with pepperoni and cheese blend.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese in center is melted. Cut into wedges.
Source : Youtube