Whether you are building a new home or looking for ideas to update your existing home…you will have a hard time looking at these photos without wanting to call your contractor!
1. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit.
2. Display your book collection under the stairs.
3. Or use the space underneath for storage.
5. Or use that space for a book nook.
6. Dogs are family, which is why your dog should probably get his or her own little haven underneath the stairs.
7. If you’re doing a HUGE remodel, ask your contractor about tacking on a treehouse or guesthouse.
8. Maximize your space with baseboard drawers.
9. Consider a hidden room.
10. An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can lie down!
11. Have an extra-tall ceiling? Stretch a ceiling hammock across it.
12. Install chutes in your kitchen for your trash and recycling.
13. A platform in a storage/guestroom hides away all of your stuff while keeping the room usable.
14. Build a bar into your deck.
15. Turn dead space above a staircase into a playroom.
16. Build a second mini-fridge in your kitchen island for beer.
17. Utilize dead space with a built-in wine rack.
18. Two words: VACUUM BASEBOARDS.
19. Kids will love having slumber parties in their bunkroom.
20. Swap out your boring old ceiling for a star-gazing sunroof.
21. Install a two-sided fireplace between the bathroom and the bedroom.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome