If you find yourself frustrated with finding random gray hairs throughout your head, this is for you.
Nobody likes the fact that their hair is turning gray. Often times people look to toxic hair dyes in order to cover up the gray and ease the aging process. However, there is a more natural way of getting rid of those straggly grays.
That’s right, potato skins. The starches in the vegetable act as a natural colorant, and have been used as a dye alternative for fabrics for centuries.
Here is what you need to get started.
- 4 cups of hot water
- 6 potatoes
- Mesh strainer
- Essential oil (optional)
- Clean bowl
- Peel six potatoes, and add the skins to a pot filled with four cups of water. Boil them for 25 minutes. Then turn off, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into your clean bowl and throw out the peels.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and let the potato juice cool down.
- When you’re taking a shower, wash your hair the way you usually do. Then, part it, and coat it with the cooled-down potato juice.
- Massage that liquid onto your scalp for a few minutes, before you rinse it out with cold water. If you want to keep it on longer, put a shower cap over the mixture and then rinse it out before you go to bed.