This is such a fun, easy project and one that no doubt…the kids will love!
Kids absolutely love drawing on the pavement with chalk and with this DIY glow in the dark chalk…they can watch their drawings come to life when the sun sets!
Here is what you need to make the glow in the dark chalk!
Materials (per chalk color)
- 1 cup of Plaster of Paris
- 1 tbsp of glow-in-the-dark or fluorescent paint
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- Ice cube trays or silicone molds
- Begin by mixing the glowing paint and water together in a bowl, using one bowl for each color of chalk that you wish to make .
- Continue to mix each bowl until all of the paint is dissolved
- Then, add 1 cup of plaster of paris to each bowl and mix until combined.
- Once the ingredients are mixed spoon the varying mixtures into an ice cube tray, packing tightly. You want to really pack the chalk into your mold for it to hold its shape and consistency.
- After several hours your chalk will be set! We left ours to dry for roughly 12 hours. You can also pop the chalk trays in the freezer for ten minutes just before play.
- This just helped the chalk pop from the ice molds more easily.
Directions and project info brought to you by | growingajeweledrose.com