Ice cream has long been one of the best snack foods ever! This Homemade Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Recipe is a cross between a really smooth creamy ice cream and a more fruity icy sherbet. Best of both worlds and it is mostly fruit!
- This ice cream is literally the easiest thing to make.
- A couple of hours before you want to make this, peel and section 2 oranges.
- Lay them flat on a tray and freeze until solid.
- Once they are frozen, pour one can of coconut milk into your blender.
- Add half the frozen oranges and blend. Then add the other half and continue blending.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Then pour into a container that you can freeze.
- Freeze until it has hardened – a couple of hours is all it takes.
We love this recipe because it is dairy free and includes whole fruit! If you don’t like the taste of coconut milk and don’t need to do dairy free, you can always substitute heavy cream or half and half for the coconut milk. Either way this ice cream is super yummy and incredibly easy to make!
Homemade Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup – coconut milk, full fat
- 2 medium – orange
- 4 tbsp – Sweetener
- 1 tsp – vanilla extract
- Peel and section oranges. Lay flat on a tray and freeze until hardened.
- In a blender, add coconut milk and half of the frozen orange sections.
- Blend until smooth. Add the remaining oranges and continue blending.
- Add the sweetener of your choice (honey, powdered sugar, maple syrup) and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop. Enjoy!