Pumpkin seeds are the best! Not only do you get to scoop them out of a pumpkin in all their slimy glory, you then get to bake them and enjoy a super healthy, tasty treat! That is…if you cook them right!
There is a secret to getting perfectly crisp, toasty pumpkin seeds. What is it…well…it’s simple. You boil them before you bake them!
- Start by cleaning the pumpkin seeds. Take your time and clean them off really well. By doing so, you will end up with much crispier seeds in the end.
- Cover the pumpkin seeds with water and bring them to a boil.
- Next you will drain the seeds.
- Place them in a bowl and coat them with a little olive oil and sea salt.
- Then lay them on baking sheets in a thin layer. I had about 6 or 7 cups of seeds and used 2 half sheet pans lined with parchment paper. They will bake up crispier if you don’t over crowd the pan or over lap them.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes tossing them every 10 minutes and being careful not to brown them.
- Test the pumpkin seeds to check for doneness.
- They should be dry, crisp and the inside seed should not be brown, it should be a green color.
All done! You now will have some of the best tasting seeds around! Feel free to experiment with different spices and rubs on the seeds too! Maybe add a little spice to the mix!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome