Now this is a unique and super idea! Keep your beer cool, your friends happy and it’s one hell of a conversation piece! Plus…it’s incredibly easy to construct!
Materials Needed :
- 3 plastic kiddie pools
- 2 large plastic, round storage bins
- 16 screws and bolts (non-rusting preferably)
- Lots and lots and lots of ice
- A plethora of tasty beverages & friends.
1. Take the children’s pools that will make up the top two tiers and drill random holes in them. This will allow water caused by the melted ice to drip through them into the lower pools creating the fountain effect.
2. Place the first plastic bin upside down under the first pool with holes in and drill holes through both in four places. Place four of the screws through these holes and fasten the pool and bin together using the bolts and spanner to tighten.
3. Next place the second pool with holes in beneath the first plastic bin. Again drill holes in four places allowing screws to be put through and tightened.
4. Take the second plastic bin and place underneath the second pool. Drill holes in four places again and fix with the screws and bolts.
5. Place the third pool underneath your growing fountain and again drill holes in four places allowing screws to be put through and tightened.
6. Turn the whole thing over and you now have a fountain pool. If you want extra height you could fix a final plastic bin underneath following instruction two again.
7. Finally fill all three pools with ice and bottles of the beverages of your choice. Step back, admire and most importantly enjoy.
You can always customize your fountain too!
If you have the time or the inclination you could decorate your fountain for extra effect. Try painting the pools and bins in funky colors, stenciling patterns on them or you could grab a few different shaped pools to really give it the wow factor!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome