Laundry can be a royal pain in the you know what. Especially if you have an old smelly washer, stained clothing or you accidentally leave Chapstick in your pants pocket.
If any of this sounds familiar, you may want to keep on reading and check out these 8 brilliant laundry hacks that are sure to make laundry life easier!
1. Get the inside of your washing machine super clean by running a hot load with some ‘white’ vinegar. Don’t use apple cider vinegar…because that would be gross.
2. Get those annoying ink stains out of your favorite piece of clothing by either scrubbing them with Soft Scrub or using acetone nail polish remover to wipe them off. Finish with a wipe of soap and water and BOOM! Good to go!
3. Have towels that smell like mildew? Wash them with one cup of vinegar, and if the smell persists, wash them again with half a cup of baking soda to neutralize the odor.
4. Reverse sweater shrinkage by soaking it in a mixture of warm water and two tablespoons of baby shampoo. Rinse with cool water, press out the excess, then roll it up into a towel to dry it out. After that, pull the sweater and pin it out on a stiff surface, stretching it every few hours until it’s back to it’s original size.
5. Accidentally run some ChapStick through the wash? No worries! Just wipe down your washer and dryer, then soak the stained clothes in an enzyme-based stain remover or laundry soap. Repeat as needed.
6. Avoid fading by washing your colorful clothes in cold water. This’ll help them last much longer.
7. If you are like me and don’t fold your clothes right when they get out of the dryer…than you know wrinkles. Get rid of them by simply throwing the affected clothes into the dryer with an ice cube or two for about 10 minutes. Wrinkles be gone!
8. Remove armpit stains and deodorant build up by applying a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda to the affected areas. Let it sit for an hour, wash it, then it should be good as new.