Christmas time is the best time and in order to get the full effect of the Christmas spirit you will want your house to smell just like Christmas.
This simple DIY potpourri is perfect for doing just that! With a few simple ingredients you will have your house smelling just like a Christmas bomb had gone off!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tangerines, halved
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise (optional) gives a strong black licorice smell.
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean + 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 small branch fresh pine
- 1 cup apple cider, pomegranate or cranberry juice
Combine all the ingredients in a medium size sauce pot. Fill the pot with water until it reaches 3/4 the way full. Place the pot on the stove and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, adding more water as needed. I let mine simmer for close to 4 hours and then let it cool over night and simmer again the next day. Just be sure to keep adding more water.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Happy Holidays