These Homemade Sweet Potato Chews Dog Treats are so delicious you will want to snack on them yourself. Without byproducts, additives, or fillers. They are made with only 3 simple and inexpensive ingredients that you can feel great about feeding to your pet. If you are looking for a grain-free treat for your dog this is a great alternative.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into long strips about 1/4” thick using a sharp butcher knife or a mandolin.
- To make slicing easier, slice on one side and then rest the potato on the flat side. Cut strips across perpendicular to the first slice. For small dogs you can then cut these wide strips into narrow pieces if you want a smaller treat.
- Toss sweet potato slices in a large bowl with olive oil, stir and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Place on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Allow to cool and store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Your pup should absolutely love these, but if they don’t…at least you can snack on them!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome