Remember back in the 80’s when Cabbage Patch kids blew up and they were an absolute household necessity, if you had children that is.
Well, the hype may have faded over the years but people are still buying and collecting Cabbage Patch kids. They are super adorable so we totally understand! People have also been creating really cool Cabbage Patch inspired hats for their kids and they are super awesome! #DIY
Want to make your own? We have the steps!
What You Need :
Your choice of yarn color!
6mm Crochet Hook
Scissors & Safety Pins
How To Make :
1. Start with a basic beanie as your base for the project, using the hair color of your choice. About has a great tutorial for crocheting a beanie for all ages of children.
2. Next, make the bangs. These are created by using a loop stitch for 3 rows on the bottom of the beanie. Here’s how to create a loop stitch:
3. Now that the hat is finished, it’s time to make the braided pigtails. You can also get creative and use another style of hair if you like! For each braid, cut 19 pieces of yarn approximately 16 inches in length.
4. Fold the pieces of yarn in half and knot in the center, then divide the yarn into threes and begin braiding! Use a small piece of yarn to tie off the bottom of the braid. Repeat for each braid.
5. The last step is to attach the braids to the beanie by stitching them to the hat. Make sure it is even! You may want to test it out with safety pins first. Once attached, add a ribbon bow atop each pigtail!
These Cabbage Patch Kids inspired hats are so ridiculously cute! Why not make one today for the adorably chubby-cheeked baby in your life?!
For other downloadable patterns, check out: