You have probably heard of the ‘Saran Wrap Ball’ Christmas party game. We created the original article and video detailing the awesome game back in 2015 and since then, millions of people have enjoyed playing the game. The game isn’t limited to just Christmas though…this game is a HUGE hit at Birthday parties too! Kids and adults alike absolutely love this game!
Since the Saran Wrap Ball game is such a hit, we have received requests to share the game in an article geared towards birthday parties…so…here it is! 🙂
Here is how the game works!
- The first person with the ball starts unwrapping while the person on their right rolls a pair of dice, trying to roll doubles.
- Once doubles are rolled, the ball is passed to the next player and the sequence begins again.
- The person with the ball does not stop unwrapping until the person to their right rolls doubles. This creates a wonderful suspense and urgency to the game!
- You get to keep the treasures you unwrap along the way!
- You can roll the dice to see who starts with the ball first! (ie: First person to roll a six)
Make sure to put the best gift in the middle and remember…you can be creative and make this ball of Saran Wrap as big as you want!!!
Here are a few modifications to the game that were brought to us by various fans!
- Use just one of the dice and pick a number that has to be hit in order for the ball to pass to the right! (Makes for a faster game)
- Try wearing winter gloves, mittens or oven mitts while unwrapping the ball to make it that much more difficult!
- Use Press and Seal wrap to make it a tad more challenging!
- When making the ball, you can use one solid strip of Saran Wrap or individual pieces. If using individual pieces, try going every which way with the pieces to really make it challenging to unravel!
- If you have a large group, try using two large balls and start them on opposite ends of one another!
- Place a blindfold on the person who is unwrapping, that will only make it that much more exciting!
The sky is the limit in regards to what you put inside your Saran Wrap ball when it comes to birthday parties! The Dollar Store has a ton of fun little trinkets that kids will love unwrapping and winning!
Here is the original video we made during Christmas of 2015.
Cover photo : musthavemom
Like ✪ Share It ✪ Pin It