The tent is made by ‘Sea to Summit‘ and it is ridiculously lightweight, portable and just down right awesome! 🙂
Nothing stinks more when you’re on a long trek than hauling around unnecessary weight and heft.
The tent comes in two versions, a single version and a duo version.
They weigh just 625 grams (about 22oz.) for the Solo, and 846 grams (29oz.) for the duo, but if you use your trekking poles instead of the included ultralight aluminum 7075 poles you can cut roughly 200 grams off your pack weight.
Both tents wrap up so small, as you can see, they’re just a bit taller and wider than your typical Nalgene bottle.
The Duo has two separate entrances, and they both have vestibules for storing your gear out of the rain. They even have little storage pockets for your flashlights and other small items. That kind of attention to detail is typically left out of ultra-light gear like this.
- Ultra-light weight
- The Solo has one entrance and one vestibule. The Duo has two entrances and two vestibules
- Pertex ® Endurance 20D nylon shell fabric that has a 1,000mm waterhead and a 7000MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate)
- 15D waterproof nylon walls, vestibule & floor has a 1,200mm waterhead
- Double stitched and bar tacked at all stress points for strength and endurance
- Fully tape seam sealed and reflective guy lines
- Includes 2 x 7075 alloy poles and 6 x hard anodized 7075 alloy pegs
- Can be pitched with a pair of trekking poles and natural anchors for extra weight savings
- Ultra-fine mesh panel doors
- Internal storage pocket not offered on many lightweight shelters
- Optional lightweight Tyvek® ground sheets
The solo tent sells for $429.99 while the duo sells for $499.99. Interested in getting one? You can get one here!
Share this will your camping and hiking buddies! They will love it!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome