These homemade wine gummy bears are made with red, white or rosé wine and are perfect for a party. They can be made ahead of time and keep well for a few weeks.
Here is how to make them! Recipe via KirbieCravings.com
- 1/2 cup wine of your choice (red, white, rose)
- 2 1/2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, pour in wine. Sprinkle gelatin over wine. Stir the gelatin to dissolve into wine. The gelatin will cause the wine to thicken up, to a slurry-like consistency. Continue to stir or whisk until all the white gelatin powder has been dissolved into the wine.
- Bring saucepan to low heat, careful not to let mixture boil, stirring continuously until wine melts back down to a liquid consistency. Make sure you stir continuously as the wine is melting back down because you don’t want any gelatin to clump up. If you find any undissolved gelatin in the wine, use the back of the spoon and press the gelatin clump against the side of the saucepan to help break it down and dissolve it.
- Once wine is in a liquid state again, add the sugar. Stir continuously until dissolved. Turn off heat but leave saucepan on stove to keep mixture warm.
- Working quickly, use eyedropper tool provided with gummy bear molds to fill molds with mixture in the saucepan. Make sure you use up all of the mixture before it cools down because then it will become extremely thick and sticky. Place molds briefly in fridge for about 10-15 minutes to firm up. Gummy bears can be eaten straight from the fridge or left to warm back up to room temperature before eating. They will be slightly firmer straight out of the fridge and softer left at room temperature, but are chewy both ways. Store any uneaten ones in a sealed container in the fridge for about 1-2 weeks.
To wash your gummy bear molds, saucepan, and eye dropper, wash with very warm water. The warm water will loosen the gelatin, making it much easier to clean.