Cheesy Taco Soup is loaded with taco-inspired ingredients and a homemade gluten-free cheese sauce. No condensed soup needed!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free or all-purpose flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill White Rice Flour )
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 10oz can Rotel, undrained
- 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper, until no longer pink. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk, season with salt and pepper, then switch to a wooden spoon and stir mixture until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat then stir in shredded cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- Add taco seasoning, rotel, black beans, cheese sauce, and remaining 1-1/2 cups milk into cooked ground beef then stir well to combine. Bring to a heavy simmer then turn heat down to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with crushed tortilla chips and more shredded cheese, if desired.
Images/Recipe via: iowagirleats.com
Like ✪ Share ✪ EAT + ENJOY!
Like & Follow Us On Facebook!