Below you will find 30 of the freakiest, scariest and just plain creepiest places on earth! Although they may be a great destination point for your next Halloween celebration…we wouldn’t recommend it!
Most haunted places in America
1. Fort Mifflin
- Watch Fort Mifflin’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Fort Mifflin
- Built year: 1771
- Address: 82 Fort Mifflin Road, Philadelphia, PA 19153
- State: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Second Name: Mud Island Fort.
Fort Mifflin is Country’s only impaired Revolutionary Battlefield building and a most terrifying place in America, which was built in 1771. This Fort was rebuilt in 1777. A plenty of ghosts and weird spirits like women, children, faceless man, dogs, and some creepy creatures lives at Fort Mifflin. Sometimes, a booming strange and scary voices came across the walls of the fort like women screaming with pain; children are crying. A man without his head has been seen while walking along the Fort Avenue.
2. Eastern State Penitentiary
- Watch Eastern State Penitentiary’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Eastern State Penitentiary
- Built Year: 1829
- Address: 2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130
- State: Pennsylvania
- Second Name: ESP
Eastern State Penitentiary is the most haunted and creepiest penitentiary structure in Philadelphia. It was the world’s first largest and expensive penitentiary with 300 prisons. The most exciting and scary thing is the annual Haunted Halloween event, named as Terror behind the Walls, run by the ESPHS. In this event, theatrical performances were performed regarding the true stories of murder, torture and violence in the prison. In 2011, a Death Row, the last cell block was built. Many people were killed by the confined people of the penitentiary.
3. Cuban Club
- Watch Cuban Club’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Cuban Club
- Built year: 1917
- Address: 2010 N Avenida Republica De Cuba, Ybor City, FL 33605
- State: Ybor City
- Another Name: Circulo Cubano de Tampa
Cuban Club is such a scariest historic building of Ybor city, Tampa in Florida, which was the famous hangout place for the immigrants. The ballrooms, the halls and the entire club are heard to be the place of terrifying ghosts and spirits. Sometimes creepy sounds of playing piano, the dance beats, scary screaming are heard in the ballrooms and outdoor.
Most haunted places in England
4. Cambridge Military Hospital
- Watch Cambridge Military Hospital’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Cambridge Military Hospital
- Built Year: 1879
- Address: Cambridge Military Hospital, Hospital Road, Wellesley Aldershot, Hampshire GU112AN
- State: Aldershot
- Second Name: Duke of Cambridge, Medical Care Hampshire
Cambridge Military Hospital was the first Health Centre, where Plastic Surgery was introduced by British Empire. After the WW2, many civilians were admitted for their treatment in Military Hampshire. This hospital has an obvious route but it has such creepy and dark haunted corridors that create a frightening effect on everyone. Its top floor and basement were the scariest places in whole Medical Hampshire.
5. Ancient Ram Inn
- Watch Ancient Ram Inn’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Ancient Ram Inn
- Built Year: 1145
- Address: Potters Pond, Gloucestershire, Wotton-under-edge, GL 12 7HF
- State: Gloucestershire
The Ancient Ram Inn is one of the most ancient and haunted hotels in England. This haunted hotel has the real stories like sacrifices of Child, Spiritual ghosts, terrifying devil worships, murders, and terrifying happenings. When this hotel was built, it was firstly owned by a St. Mary’s local Church. A 5,000-year-old burial ground is located along with this hotel that creates a threatening effect. It is said for this haunted building, that no one can even remain alive if he’s having a night stay at this hotel.
6. Tower of London
- Watch Tower of London’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Tower of London
- Built year: White tower-1078, Inner ward-1190s, Wharf Expansion: 1377-1399, Rebuild: 1285
- Address: London EC3N 4AB, United Kingdom
- State: London
- Second Name: Her majesty’s Royal Palace, Fortress
Tower of London is the most visited place for its ghost’s popularity. This tower has a rich history and a number of real-based haunted tales. Few people said that Thomas A. Becket was the first ghost to be clearly seen in the Tower. The ghosts in the Tower lives in its walls, in which the famous one is King Henry VIII’s wife i.e. Anne Boleyn.
Most Haunted Places in Scotland
7. Edinburgh Castle
- Watch Edinburgh Castle’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Edinburgh Castle
- Built Year: 12th-21st Centuries
- Address: Castlehill, Edinburgh, EH1 2NG
- State: Edinburgh
Edinburgh Castle is the heart of Scotland, as it’s been over 1,000 years passed, while dominating the skyline of the city, Edinburgh. This castle is Scotland’s one of the most haunted spots, where a few headless drummers, prisoner’s ghosts, phantom Piper’s spirits, and unbelievable dog-like-creatures are present. This Edinburgh Castle is the deep well of hunting ghosts. This historical fortress is standing in between the sea and hills from 1,000 years, such a long time.
8. Mary King’s Close
- Watch Mary King’s Close’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Mary King’s Close
- Built Year: 17th Century
- Address: Mary King’s Close, 2 High St, Edinburgh, EH1 1PG
- State: Edinburgh
- Another Name: The Real Mary King’s Close
Mary King’s Close is well-known by its haunting repute. The close has some underground warren that has some streets, billets and dwellings which were abandoned after the plague outbreak. The spirits in shape of life less bodies, polluted stinky swamp, biogas, and the sinister lights creates the most terrifying and menacing consequences.
9. Overtoun Bridge
- Watch Overtoun Bridge’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Overtoun Bridge
- Built Year: 1895
- Address: Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, G82 2
- State: West Dunbartonshire
- Second Name: Dog Suicide Bridge
Overtoun Bridge is famous because of the mysterious suicides of dogs and humans. Moreover, 600 dogs have leapt to the death well. This Overtoun Bridge is the high-attracted international media attention grabber spot because of its frightening and creepy, mysterious dog suicides. The Overtoun Bridge is 50 feet height from where the dogs attempted suicides and fall onto the waterfall.
Most Haunted Places in France
10. Catacombs of Paris
- Watch Catacombs of Paris’s Video on YouTube
- Get Google Map Directions to Catacombs of Paris
- Built Year: 1810
- Address: 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, Paris, 75014
- State: Paris
The Catacombs of Paris are 200 miles-long underground quarries of Paris from late 18th Century, which has an ancient tunnel network, named Mines of Paris, in which six million people’s remains are placed. These crypts are one of the most haunted places in the world. Millions of skeleton and dead bodies, it looks like a graveyard of some alive, buried people.