As the cold nights set in, this caramel apple crumble crock pot recipe will keep you warm as you are curled up on the couch watching your favorite TV show.
If you were to make this recipe in the oven, you will get crunchy edges. With this crock pot version, the entire dessert stays moist throughout. You can use any type of apples and this recipe gives you the perfect excuse to go apple picking…not that you needed one!
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble
For the apples:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping:
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, apples, salt, and cinnamon. Spread onto bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix your crumble topping ingredients until it comes together. Sprinkle it over top of the apples. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for one hour to let the caramel thicken.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome