What is better than giving someone a nice decorative mug as a gift? Well, Giving someone a homemade decorative mug for a gift, that’s what!
Here is how you can make super cool and super easy DIY marble mugs using nail polish!
- Disposable container
- Nail polish
- Wood coffee stirrer or toothpick
- Sponge brush
- Glossy acrylic sealer (I used Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish)
- Fill container with warm water. Drip nail polish into container, as shown below. Pockets will form.
2. Quickly use stirrer or toothpick to expand the pockets of nail polish. Then dip your mug in a circular motion.
3. Let dry. Then add a glossy acrylic sealer with a sponge brush just over the design. You might need to add more layers of sealer, depending on your design. Be sure to let dry between applications.
Notes: The sealer should not be brushed over the inside or any areas you drink out of. The mug should be cleaned with mild soap and water, as it’s not dishwasher safe.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome