Eighth Person Dies After ‘Drinking Hand Sanitizer’ At Party When Alcohol Ran Out

Like & Follow Us On Facebook!

A desperate attempt to get drunk at a party has now cost eight partygoers their lives.

After running out of alcohol, partygoers recently resorted to drinking hand sanitizer in order to continue getting a buzz on, but the result of that decision was horrific.

Hand sanitizer is not meant for human consumption. It is actually quite toxic. Yes, alcohol is an active ingredient — along side a ton of other nasty stuff.

The CDC has been warning people not to drink hand sanitizer after several have become sick and even died from the practice.

“Alcohol-based hand sanitizer products should never be ingested,” they said in a new report released in August this year.

Despite all of the warnings, 9 people at a house party were hospitalized last month after they resorted to drinking the anti-bacterial hand wash after running out of alcoholic drinks.


The incident occurred on November 19th in the Tattinsky district of Russia’s largest region, Yakutia. The hand sanitizer contained sixty-nine percent methanol. The first 3 victims were a forty-one-year-old woman, and 2 men aged twenty-seven and fifty-nine.

6 others were then flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to the regional capital, Yakutsk. In the days following, three more men had passed away. Aged twenty-eight, thirty-two, and sixty-nine. One more death was reported the following day.

Federal public health watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor, released a statement which explained:

“9 cases of poisoning with sanitizer have been registered, including 7 that were fatal. The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitizer.”

Since the statement was released, an 8th person has died. She was a 48-year-old mother and her husband was actually one of the first people to die after drinking the deadly cocktail.

After an investigation, it was revealed that Alexander Kalinin, a businessman from the Sverdlovsk region, has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the sanitizer, which has been found in public buildings such as schools, kindergartens, prisons, and other businesses. The 40-year-old is now under house arrest while the investigation continues.

If Kalinin is found guilty, he will face up to 6-years in prison.

The moral of the story — don’t drink hand sanitizer. Ever.