This awesome DIY project will allow you to increase the image or video displayed on your phone up to 15x the size! That means, in most cases…you can project and image or video on your wall up to 60″ diagonally!
The video and instructions are brought to you by IdunnGoddess!
For this project, you will need:
- Two shoe boxes
- Magnifying glass (diameter 75 mm)
- Electrical or black duct tape
- Scissors and knife
- Black paint
- Smartphone (or paper photos)
Connect two shoe boxes together. Make sure both boxes together equal at least 60 cm long. You can use one large box (60 cm), but it should be narrow.
Cut off a hole for the magnifying glass.
Cover all holes in the boxes so only light passes through the magnifying glass ONLY!
Then paint the inside of your boxes black! You can use any type of paint for this…as long as it’s black!
Now you must make the smartphone holder. You can use a plastic bottle for this. Check out the video tutorial below for instructions on how to!
Set the holder inside the back part of the first box (the one without the magnifying glass).
Phone settings! Turn phone screens brightness to the maximum. Turn off screen rotation. Flip your phone upside down (so the image or video is playing upside down).
Place your phone in the holder with the screen facing the magnifying glass.
Focus and distance: Tune the focus by moving your smartphone (with holder) backwards and forwards in the first box. Here are few tips about distance:
- Distance from phone to magnifying glass – 60 cm, Distance from magnifying glass to the wall – 1 m, image size – ~8 inch
- Distance from phone to magnifying glass – 50 cm, Distance from magnifying glass to the wall – 1.5 m, image size – ~15 inch
- Distance from phone to magnifying glass – 40 cm, Distance from magnifying glass to the wall – 5 m, image size – ~60 inch
Now, shut off the lights and enjoy the show!