You can feel like a professional chef in just a few minutes time!
There is nothing like the smell and taste of a good old fashioned, warm, chocolate chip banana bread! Especially when it comes right out of the oven — or microwave in this case!
If you are looking for a super simple and quick recipe for banana bread, we have you covered! This recipe is so easy, all you need is three simple ingredients. Eggs, bananas and flour! You don’t even need to turn on your oven either, because you ‘bake’ this chocolate chip banana bread right in the microwave!
You can bake this in the oven, but that takes all the fun out of it!
If you want to microwave the loaf instead of traditional baking, you will need a microwave-safe 9 x 5-inch dish. Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes in total, checking roughly every 2 minutes to gauge how much more cooking time it needs. Take care not to ‘over microwave’ or it will get hard. Cover with foil once done to steam and soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9×5 (23×12.5cm) inch loaf pan and line with parchment.
- In a large bowl stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the mashed banana mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the cup of chocolate chips and spoon into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with a handful of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and springs back when pressed gently with your finger. Leave in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm! Store leftovers at room temperature for 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Defrost at room temperature in the container for a few hours.
The recipe comes from the good folks at Bigger Bolder Baking.