“Easy Cozy Crochet Blanket – a great pattern for beginners.
This blanket was inspired by Melanie Ham’s “Easy Beginner Crochet Baby Blanket Tutorial” on YouTube. It’s the same basic crochet pattern but the size and detailing has changed. Her original baby blanket pattern can be found here. We highly recommend Melanie’s video tutorial – it’s fabulous, especially for beginners.
EASY COZY CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn – the number of balls you need depends on the size you make the blanket (I used 4 x 300 grams balls (255 yds) of peachy ombre colored yarn for my44″ x 55″ blanket).
- Crochet Hook – US P/11.5 mm.
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, dc = double crochet (U.S.)
If you choose to make this blanket smaller or larger, for the initial chain, just be sure that the number of chains you use is divisible by 6. 42, 48, 54, 60, 66, 72. etc.
To join a new ball of yarn, tie the end if the yarn to the end of the 2nd ball and continue crocheting. Trim any ends that are sticking out.
- Make a slip stitch and chain 60 stitches together, keeping tension even through the chain.
- Not turning your work, count back 4 stitches from the hook and do 2 dc in the same spot, skip a chain, 2 dc and continue in the same manner along foundation chain until the end.
- Once you reach the end, 1 dc in the last chain.
- Ch 3 and turn.
- 1 dc in first chain, skip 1 ch, 2 dc and repeat until the end (the 2 dc should be in between the “v” stitches front the first row)
- Using the top chain on the end, place 1 dc. ch 3 and turn.
- Continue steps 5 and 6 until you’ve made the blanket as long as you’d like. I made my blanket 50 rows.
- Fasten off.
- When adding the fringe, cut the yarn to about double the length you want the fringe to be (mine were 8 inches each total length). Fold your yarn in half and take the side with the loop and push it through the gap on each side of the 2 dc along the border of your blanket. Then get the side with the loose ends of the yarn and pull them tightly through the loop to secure. Continue until both ends of your blanket have fringe across the entire width of the blanket.
Download the Easy Cozy Crochet Blanket pattern here.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome