This video will show you how to make homemade jam in mere minutes! All you will need are two ingredients and a microwave!
Here is how the process is done!
250g (just over 1-cup) sugar – just plain, white sugar works brilliantly
250g (just over 1-cup) of mixed berries – raspberries, strawberries and blueberries were used for this example.
1. Mix together the 250g of berries with 250g sugar in a microwavable bowl. The larger the bowl the better, as the jam mix will bubble up when heated – you might want to pop the bowl onto a plate for microwaving to save potential spills!
2. Pop it in the microwave for five minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Then give it a stir.
3. Microwave for a further 12 minutes, then take it out of the microwave – be careful, the mixture will get VERY hot – then give it one last stir.
4. THE JAM-SETTING TEST / FREEZER TEST
To check it’s ready to set, pop a small amount of the mixture onto a pre-chilled plate (ours was inthe freezer for a few minutes). Return it to the freezer for a few minutes, then remove and push a finger through the splodge of jam. If the divide remains, it’s ready. If the goop draws back together, it needs a mother minute or two in the microwave (then repeat the freezer test to be sure).
5. Once it’s passed the freezer test, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes and then pop it into a jam jar. And voila!
That’s all! Simple place the jam in a jelly jar and allow it to fully set! Enjoy!
Source : Youtube