Before we know how to treat hemorrhoids, it is important to know what causes them when you are a working professional. Today, the long working hours, stress and sedentary nature of lifestyle have taken the life out of you. Why would you move from one place to the other when everything is just a click away? Here are the reasons why people doing desk jobs are at high risk of developing piles.
- Sitting too much can cause obesity which is further reason for a lot of diseases. If you are regularly slouching in a chair then you are contributing to a pool of chronic diseases and long-term problems such as piles, arthritis, etc.
- If you are so much indulged into your work that you skip your meals then you are disrupting your metabolism. It may lead to poor digestion which is a primary reason for developing hemorrhoids.
- Binge eating, too much fast food, and eating spicy foods can cause piles. Developing healthy eating habits is very important in today’s life.
- Working odd hours, which includes a lot of people such as programmers, are at great risk of developing piles. Getting up late and working all night may increase the level of stress which may lead to other health problems such as high stress and anxiety levels.
- Smoking has become a tendency while people are at work. They think of it as a stress buster but the consequences may be severe. This also contributes to the development of piles.
- Along with all the above symptoms, if you have piles running in your family, then it is high time. People with genetic reasons for piles cannot afford to lead such a sedentary lifestyle.
Piles usually happen between 45 to 60 years of age but with this kind of lifestyle, people may get the symptoms early in their life which they may not even notice.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
The symptoms of piles vary depending on the stage of piles which become severe when left untreated.
- Swelling, pain and itching around the anal region.
- Bleeding while passing stools
- Uncomfortable mass in the anal region
- Discomfort when sitting or washing after bowel movements
Living with hemorrhoids or piles can significantly impact the life of a professional. Everyday routine activities like going to the toilet, traveling to work and surviving the entire day in the office can be challenging. There are several home remedies which working people prefer over other treatments as they are short of time. There are common mistakes that they have been making all these days, such as:
- They control the urge to defecate which put pressure on the veins around the anal region.
- Sitting on a rough surface or an uncomfortable chair at work.
- Drinking too much coffee or tea at work.
- Not eating enough fiber-rich food and not drinking enough water
- Unintentionally scratching your anal area can result in more pain.
- Reading or using smartphones while sitting on toilet seats results in spending a long time in washrooms.
- Those who feel constipated may use laxatives. Overuse of laxatives can also be problematic.
- Ignoring constipation or diarrhea can also aggravate piles. So it is important to evaluate your diet.
Therefore, they try to ignore all these mistakes thinking that this may shrink or clear their piles. But once you get piles, they do not go away on their own. Taking home remedies or undergoing traditional medical treatment for hemorrhoids, the symptoms may still persist.
Laser surgery for hemorrhoids
For working people, the best way to treat hemorrhoids is laser surgery. Laser surgery does not require anesthesia and allows patients to get back to normal routine in no time. There is no wonder that more and more professionals are opting for laser surgery for piles than conventional treatment. Treatment of hemorrhoids by laser, which is done by skilled surgeons has several advantages, especially for office going people.
- Less operation time
- Less pain
- Quick recovery
- No stricture, no scars
- Minimal recurrence after operation
- Less post-surgery care
Looking at these benefits of piles laser treatment, getting a solution as soon as possible is the best solution. After the surgery, the patient is able to go home the same day. Healthcare providers tell the patient about the post-surgery care and exercises. If you follow all the postoperative care then healing becomes easy. You can go back to work within 2-3 days after the surgery, unlike conventional surgery where patients need to take bed rest for at least 2-3 weeks till stitches are healed.
Laser surgery for hemorrhoids is considered one of the best treatments in India, hence considering its long-term benefits will clear your hemorrhoids permanently. Hemorrhoids are probably the most common lifestyle ailment affecting men and women at an early stage. Therefore, it is important to make lifestyle changes such as improper food habits, strenuous exercise, prolonged sitting or less fluid intake must be avoided. Still, if you have any doubts or queries regarding the treatment of hemorrhoids, get in contact with experts proctologist for more information.