There are all sorts of interesting and fun games you can play at your Christmas party, but this one is super duper fun!
It is called ‘The Saran Wrap Ball Game’ and it is just that…a massive Saran Wrap Ball with a ton of goodies layered throughout the ball and one awesome prize in the center! (see photos below)
This Is How The Saran Wrap Game Works!
- The first person with the ball starts unwrapping while the person on their right rolls a pair of dice, trying to roll doubles.
- Once doubles are rolled, the ball is passed to the next player and the sequence begins again.
- The person with the ball does not stop unwrapping until the person to their right rolls doubles. This creates a wonderful suspense and urgency to the game!
- You get to keep whatever treasure falls out of the saran wrap along the way!
- You can roll the dice to see who starts with the ball first! (ie: First person to roll a six)
Make sure to put the best gift in the middle and remember…you can be creative and make this saran wrap ball as big as you want!!!
Download Printable Saran Wrap Game Instructions Here (complete guide below)
Feel free to modify the rules a bit too!
- Maybe use just one of the dice and pick a number that has to be hit in order for the ball to pass to the right!
- Try wearing winter gloves or mittens while unwrapping to make it that much more difficult!
- Use Press and Seal wrap to make it a tad more challenging!
- When making the ball, you can use one solid strip of Saran Wrap or individual pieces. If using individual pieces, try going every which way with the pieces to really make it challenging to unravel!
- If you have a large group, try using two large balls and start them on opposite ends of one another!
- Place a blindfold on the person who is unwrapping, that will only make it that much more exciting!
Check out the original video we made for the Saran Wrap Ball Christmas Party Game Challenge, below!
*Click here for a great deal on a 3 pack of Saran Wrap on Amazon.com!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! Click HERE for more great DIY goodies!
Would your family enjoy this game? Share this post with them and let the Christmas party ideas start flowing! Or…share it with a few co-workers as a possible company party idea!
You can always add some rules of your own too, of course – as mentioned above!
Here is a quick rule guide on how to play the game, just in case you need it! Make sure to scroll down to see more awesome Christmas game ideas!
The Complete Guide To Playing The Saran Wrap Game
The Saran Wrap Ball Game
Few games are versatile enough to make an appearance at just about all kinds of parties, including baby showers, birthday parties, holiday parties and Christmas parties. What sets the Saran Wrap ball game apart from other games is that it’s just plain fun, and everyone will get a surprise by the time the ball has been unwrapped. The game can be played lots of different ways with plenty of little goodies, but no matter which way you spin it, it will always be a ball for your guests in more ways than one!
What Is It?
The Saran Wrap ball game is a challenge in which you unwrap prizes from a large ball of plastic wrap. The layers are added in such a way that each treat is more exciting than the one that came before. The best is saved for last, and the center of the ball will hold the most exciting or expensive gift. The ball can hold just about any kind of goodie that appeals to you and your guests, from little inexpensive party favors to cash.
How To Play The Game
To play, you’ll need:
- A giant Saran Wrap ball of treats
- Some dice
- Some guests who are up for some rowdy fun
First, decide on the order in which you’ll play. You can start with the youngest player, the oldest player, go in alphabetical order or just whoever throws doubles first. The first person will begin the unwrapping process, and any treats that are exposed become the property of that person.
The person who starts will continue to unwrap while the next person throws the dice. When that person throws doubles, they’ll get their turn to unwrap the ball, and the dice go the next person. The dice can be passed either clockwise or counterclockwise. Whoever ends up with the ball at the end gets to keep the big prize at the center of the ball.
You can use just about any treat that will fit inside the ball, but you might want to stick with non-breakable gifts. Kids often enjoy small prizes like party favors, coloring books, candy, noisemakers, dollar store trinkets, colorful socks or mittens, coins or dollar bill and small but desirable toys.
For adults, consider including scratch-off lottery tickets, lip balms, Tic Tacs, fun-sized candies, mini hand sanitizers or lotions, bath bombs, movie passes, tiny bottles of alcohol or cocktails, and coffee gift cards.
During the holidays, you can also include holiday-themed gifts, like cozy socks, candy canes, earmuffs, ornaments, holiday chocolates, non-breakable ornaments, holiday accessories and hot chocolate packets in your Saran Wrap gift ball.
How To Make A Saran Wrap Ball
When wrapping your ball, start with the largest or most expensive gift first, like higher dollar gift cards or cash. Wrap the gift in a few layers of plastic wrap to get the ball started. If you’re using Press’n Seal wrap, keep the sticky layer next to the gift. Roll each section of the wrap in the opposite direction as the last to keep things interesting. As you wrap your ball, smooth it down to keep the layers close and to maintain the desired shape.
Once you’ve wrapped the main gift, start adding mid-range treats in the next several layers. These can be things like $5 bills, smaller gift cards, movie passes and alcohol. Save the least expensive gifts, like dollar bills or fun-sized candies, for the outside layers.
Soundtrack For Game play
This game is going to get loud. Players are going to be laughing, chatting and maybe even squealing as the ball is unwrapped and passed around. That doesn’t mean you don’t need a soundtrack, though. Adding music to the mix can make things more enjoyable all around and keep the mood light and fun.
For a great holiday party soundtrack, include a variety of rhythms and styles of music. Keep in mind that some of your guests might have different cultural backgrounds, and consider including both secular and religious holiday tunes. Instrumentals, classic holiday songs and newer music from popular artists are all great choices, including:
Check out this 50 Holiday Classics CD on Amazon! It’s perfect!
- “Happy Holidays”
- “Let It Snow”
- “Jingle Bells”
- “The Wassail Song”
- “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
- “Little Drummer Boy”
- “Chanukah, Oh Chanukah!”
- “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy”
- “Sleigh Ride”
- “My Dreydl”
- “The Holly and the Ivy”
Variations For Game Play
Although this game is sure to be a hit at any holiday party no matter how you play it, you can up the ante with some fun variations of the Saran Wrap game, including:
- Using strips of Saran Wrap or Cling Wrap instead of one long piece
- Rolling each strip in different directions to make things a bit harder
- Using holiday-themed plastic wrap to keep things fun and festive
- Requiring everyone to wear holiday-themed gloves or mittens when unwrapping
- Wrapping each little gift in festive or brightly colored gift paper before wrapping them in the ball
- Using Press‘n Seal wrap to make it easier to wrap and harder to unwrap
- Wearing blindfolds while opening the ball
- Playing a white elephant version where each prize gets a little funnier or a little sillier with each layer
For younger kids, you can use a timer instead of dice to give each child the same amount of time to unwrap their treats.
The Saran Wrap game is a holiday must for any get-together or party. It’s fun for people of all ages, and it’s easy to customize in any way you want. Even better, it takes no time at all to assemble, but the payoff in laughter and fun will be more than you can imagine.
Share this awesome idea with others so they can have a little holiday fun too!
In the Christmas spirit? Check out these other great Christmas party games & ideas!
This Hilarious ‘Poop The Potato’ Party Game Is All You Need This Christmas!
This Switch, Steal And Unwrap Luck Of The Dice Gift Exchange Game Is A Must Play!
Jingle Bell Shake Christmas Party Game
30 Of The Best Secret Santa Ideas Ever!
Bottom’s Up! Christmas Party Game! Shake Those Hips!
19 Of The Best Christmas Party Game Ideas!
Saran Wrap Ball Money Christmas Game
How To Wrap Christmas Gifts In 15-Seconds Flat Using Only 2-Pieces Of Tape
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome