Sheet Vinyl flooring is an excellent type of thermoplastic Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) sheet, which is entirely impermeable to water. Sheet Vinyl flooring is also called as linoleum, and it usually comes in large, continuous, and flexible sheets. The appearance of the room dramatically enhances when sheet vinyl flooring is used. Apart from that, sheet vinyl flooring is water-impervious, resilient, durable, and easy to install. Moreover, sheet vinyl flooring is largely inexpensive as compared to floor tiles. In the market, you can also get a variety of custom print holographic vinyl sheet floorings which are fairly simple and easy to install.
How to install sheet vinyl flooring?
Installing sheet vinyl flooring involves the following steps:
- Measuring the room and order accordingly: Before you install sheet vinyl flooring in your room, the first thing that you need to do is to determine the size of the room. It is very important to get the correct measurement of the room so that you do not end up with a short flooring sheet to finish your job. It is always advisable to order a little additional sheet vinyl flooring above the actual measurement so that you never run out of it.
- Removing everything that comes in the way: The next thing that you need to do is to remove all the household things from the room that comes in the way while installing the vinyl sheet. However, you do not need to remove any kind of permanent things such as a cabinet or vanity from the room as the vinyl sheet can be installed around them.
- Taking out the old flooring: Then it is necessary to take out the old floorand also remove the threshold strips which may have trimmed out the doorways. After that, you also need to pull out the staples and nails for making the installation of sheet vinyl flooring easier.
- Cutting the vinyl sheet in precise measurement: Afterthat, you have to cut the sheet precociously and lay it across the floor. It is also required to cut out the corners or any in-built obstacles. There can be multiple pieces of the sheet, but you need to tape all these pieces of the sheet together for forming a complete sized copy of the floor.
- Determining the application process: You can get two types of sheet vinyl flooring, and they are self-stick vinyl and glue down vinyl. The self-stick vinyl comes with an adhesive backing that can be used to stick to the floor, but in glue down vinyl you will require to put a layer of vinyl flooring glue for placing the vinyl sheet. Hence, if you choose self-stick vinyl, it will be much easier to install as compared to glue down vinyl.
- Laying the vinyl: After that, you need to place the vinyl sheet flat and align it perfectly. You should be very careful while laying the vinyl sheet and remember that you cannot slide the sheet while laying it as it may drag the adhesive as well. In such a case, it will become problematic to lay the vinyl sheet on the floor.
- Pressing the vinyl sheet down to stick to the adhesive: After laying the vinyl sheet, it is necessary to press the vinyl sheet so that it can nicely stick to the adhesive. You can use a rolling pin or rent a floor roller to apply pressure for sticking it to the adhesive.
- Finishing the flooring:After that, you have to wait for several hours for drying the floor adhesive. Once it dries, the installation is completed, but it is advisable to protect the vinyl sheet from water so that it can last longer.