Slow cooker recipes are the best. They are so easy, all you have to do is mix up the ingredients and just like Ronco says, “set it and forget it’.
This sweet and spicy sausage recipe is huge favorite around our house so we thought we would share it with you all. The recipe comes from Anightowlblog and boy oh boy is it tasty!
With the Super Bowl coming up…you may want to give this one a try sooner than later!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 12 ounces grape jelly
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 ounces fully-cooked sausage, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Pour the oil in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the chili sauce and grape jelly and mix together. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Place the sausage in your slow cooker. Add the spices to the sauce mixture, stir and then pour it over the sausage. Cover and cook for 1½ – 2 hours on high, or until the sausage is hot and the sauce is bubbly. Stir once after 1 hour.
That’s it! Now, just EAT + ENJOY!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Pin It