There is no perfect time to upgrade your home but this moment. This is because home upgrades have a way of boosting the value of your property. A lot of people are hesitant about home upgrades because they feel it is expensive and beyond their budget. However, any upgrade, no matter how minor or inconsequential they may seem, can dramatically bolster the environment of your living space, apart from the increased home valuation.
This means there is always an opportunity to recoup your investment whenever you make a sale after a home upgrade. Here are some pocket-friendly and cost-effective home upgrades you should do to your home:
Paint your house
Painting your house is probably among the most cost-effective and inexpensive ways of improving your house look. After painting the walls of your house, you will immediately appreciate the aesthetics and decor. The room may seem larger, brighter (if the old colour was dark-toned), and more stylish.
Furthermore, painting is a DIY project; you can undertake the task of painting your walls by yourself. This will exceedingly save you cost. It is very easy to learn how to paint if you do not know-how.
With the right paint colour, your house can be transformed into a tranquil and more hospitable place to relax. So it is essential you have a great paint colour in mind before painting your walls.
Another way you can upgrade your house is by creating an outdoor space, commonly called the deck. This will improve your home’s living space and produce a very seamless outdoor-indoor flow, which is sought after by home buyers.
There are several types of decking boards, which can improve your house value. For instance, composite decking materials are made of recycled plastic and wood shavings, which makes them resistant to mould and rot. It is great for homes where there are children and pets, as it is durable, easy to maintain, and non-toxic.
Upgrade your kitchen
A sustainable means of making upgrades to your home is by remodelling or renovating your kitchen. Kitchen remodelling or upgrade can be done without breaking the bank, here are some ways to do that:
- Upgrading your kitchen light can enhance the appearance and atmosphere of your kitchen space. You can sprinkle a little creativity by using a pendant light. You can also add depth to your kitchen by lighting the counter and cabinets. We advise you to use LED or energy-saving bulbs to reduce electricity costs.
- Another way to improve the appearance of your kitchen is by removing some cabinets to free up space. We advise you to declutter your kitchen through the use of open shelves. This will add functionality, beauty and minimalism to your kitchen space.
- Backsplash can personalise and add a distinct style to your kitchen. Backsplash tiles are used on the kitchen wall to prevent damage from water splash. Though it is not solely aesthetic, it is a great way of beautifying your kitchen.
- Replacing an old kitchen cabinet and sink is a cost-effective way of making your kitchen look better.
Upgrade your bathroom
For most, the bathroom is a sanctuary. This is why it is essential you upgrade your bathroom to boost the value of your home. The bathroom may look small, but you can beautify and modernise it by doing the following:
- A deep clean can make your bathroom look neater and tidy. Mop clean the tile floors, remove the dirt and seal the shower and tub area, change the fixtures (especially if they are old and overused), and cleanse soap lather from the walls. This will also help point out the areas that would need remodelling.
- Good lighting can make all the difference in your bathroom. Switch from the unpleasant fluorescent bulb to a recessed lamp or mini-chandelier, especially if your bathroom ceiling is low.
- If you are using a worn-out or overused bathroom fitting or fixture, you need to replace it. Get a new one, also swap your toilet paper holder and towel rod to the ones that complement your new fittings.
- Paint the walls of your bathroom. You can opt for neutral or simple colours, like white or grey. If you want to be creative with your bathroom colours, you can pick blue or green.