Silvana Franco creates ‘Pistachio Honey Kisses’, the light biscuit coating on the outside and the sweet lime filling on the inside is to die for.
In this 3 minute video you will see how to create this fantastic recipe. Hope you enjoy!!!
See the full written recipe below!
Via – Waitrose.com
Pistachio & honey kisses
- Preparation time:30 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time:10 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes, plus cooling
100g pack LOVE Life Pistachios
100g caster sugar
1 essential Waitrose Medium Free Range Egg white
25g self-raising flour
¼ tsp baking powder
For the filling
50g slightly salted butter, softened
1 tbsp set honey
Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus tsp juice
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC, gas mark 3. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Place the pistachios in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for
30 seconds. Drain and rinse in cold water. Rub the pistachios between several sheets of kitchen paper to loosen the skins, then peel them away. Grind the nuts in a food processor.
2. Add the sugar, egg white, flour and baking powder to the processor and blend to a smooth, thick paste.
3. Roll the mixture into 28 cherry-sized balls and space them well apart on the baking parchment. The mixture is a little sticky so you might need to rinse your hands once or twice as you go. Bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and just firm. Leave to cool on the parchment.
4. Once the biscuits have cooled, beat the butter with the honey, lime zest and juice and use to sandwich the biscuits together in pairs. Serve lightly dusted with icing sugar.
Skinning the pistachios isn’t essential but it does give a better colour. You don’t need to be too thorough with this, just peel off the skins that come away easily.