In this article you are going to find out how to make the tastiest of morning treats!
Most of us have fresh strawberries around the house during the summer months and we most certainly have a loaf of bread kicking around the kitchen. Combine those two items, add a little of this and a little of that and you have yourself one heck of a good breakfast!
Here is how to make Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups! Youtuber Crouton Crackerjacks shows us how.
What you’ll need:
12 slices white sandwich bread
1/2 pint fresh strawberries
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp milk
3 tsp granulated sugar, divided
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries. Put into a bowl and add 1 tsp sugar. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Add in powdered sugar and stir to combine well.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts. Spread about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture along one edge of the bread. Top with about a spoonful of strawberries. Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the strawberries and cream cheese mix. Continue with the remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat your griddle, nonstick pan or electric griddle over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and a pat of butter.
- Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely.
- Remove to a plate, dust with more powdered sugar, if desired, and top with remaining strawberries. Makes 12 french toast rolls. Enjoy!