Thanksgiving dinner just isn’t complete unless you have a rockin’ sweet potato dish. And there is no better dish than that of the candied sweet potato!
If you have never tried this dish before, this Thanksgiving is the time!
Serves: Makes 10 (3/4-cup) servings.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
15-Min Prep – 55-Minute cook time.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cover.
- Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans and marshmallows.
- Remove casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallow-crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
- For an added treat, stir 1/2 cup raisins into topping.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome