A Brazilian man accidentally blew up his backyard in a failed attempt to kill a few bugs.
“My wife complained that there were a lot of roaches invading our garden,” Cesar Schmitz told FocusOn News, according to the New York Post. “She is scared of them and begged me to destroy their nest under the ground once and for all.”
So, Schmitz went ahead and poured gasoline down the ‘hole’ and began tossing matches into that same hole. Nothing happened the first few attempts, but then, something major happened!
The ground that makes up Schmitz’s backyard…blew up! Luckily Schmitz wasn’t hurt and his dogs are alright too! The internet is having a field day with this situation though! You can’t make this stuff up!