Christmas time is here and there is no better way to get into the holiday spirit than to create your own stylish, Christmas ornaments.
This is such a fun project that truly is a blast for the entire family to participate in. The kids will love doing this and seeing the finished result.
These look so professional, funky and stylish you will most certainly want to give some away as gifts. But remember to keep some for yourself:-)
Here is how to make ‘Melted Crayon Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments‘
Seen on MeetTheDubiens.com
What You’ll Need
- 1 package of Crayola crayons – don’t get the cheap ones because the Crayola ones really do melt the best
- A sharp craft knife
- 1 package of clear GLASS craft ornaments
- A hair dryer
- A pair of oven mitts of thick winter gloves
How to Make Them
1. Take your crayons out of the box and, using your craft knife, peel the wrappers from the crayons. Once your crayons are peeled, cut your crayons into small pieces – about 6 pieces per crayon.
2. Take the silver top off your ornament and place 3-4 crayon pieces into the ball. Experiment with color combinations and have fun!
3. Put the silver top back on the ornament and put on a thermal or winter mitt. Turn your hair dryer on high heat and hold your ornament in your gloved hand. Heat up the crayons until they start to melt and then swirl the ornament around in your hand so the colours swirl all over the inside of the ornament. Don’t melt the crayons completely, it will be too much. Once you are satisfied with the coverage, turn off the blow dryer heat.
4. Take the silver top back off the ornament, and turn the ornament upside down over a plate or bowl. Turn your hair dryer on once again and heat up the crayons until they fall out of the opening at the bottom and on to your plate or bowl. Put the silver top back on your ornament, and you’re done!
Via – MeetTheDubiens.com