With the holiday season in full swing, many of us are looking for different tasty dishes to prepare and serve for our friends and family. This simple and very tasty Christmas Tree Nutella bread is that perfect dish! It looks great, it’s easy to make and anyone who tries it will most certainly come back for seconds!
Here is how to make it!
What you will need:
- 450 g of bread flour;
- 1/3 cup of sugar;
- pinch of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of dried instant yeast;
- 1 cup of warm milk ;
- 2 egg yolks (keep the egg whites);
- 30 g soft salted butter;
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil and some plastic wraps;
- a little bit of flower to put on your countertop (when needed);
- baking paper;
- white sesame seeds;
- a little extra sugar and extra milk;
- large bowl and different kitchen utensils.
1. Put the flour into the big bowl together with the sugar, salt and the yeast. Give a little mix to the ingredients.
2. Add the warm milk to the dry ingredients (if it is warm will help activate the yeast) together with the egg yolks and the soft butter.
3. Start binding the ingredients together with a fork then use your hands. You will need to have a slightly sticky dough.
4. Put the dough on your counter and start working it for about 10 minutes and the stickiness will go away. If it gets too dry, just stick your hands into some warm milk and get back to working it with it.
5. Your dough now should be nice and elastic. Take your bowl back, put the oil in it and just cover your dough with it, then seal with a plastic wrap.
6. Pop the bowl somewhere warm and let it grow for 1 hour.
7. Remove the dough from the bowl and cut it into 4 even pieces.
8. Sprinkle some flour on your countertop and take one of the 4 doughs. Start teasing it and you will want to make a slightly square bottom, more like a triangle shape. It should start looking like a Christmas tree. Stretch it until it is fairly thin, the size of tree depends on you.
9. Put the dough on a piece of baking paper.
10. Take one cup of nutella and spread it out across the surface of the bread, but not all the way down, leave a little bit of surface free and there you will make the trunk of the bread (add nutella there). Don’t put the nutella too thick, it will be a mess!
11. Repeat the process of dough shaping and nutella spreading for all of your remaining doughs. Put each dough over the other when finished, then spread the nutella, but not on the last dough!
12. After your doughs are ready and in place, cut out a straight line with the edges, and then you will cut out the trunk area.
13. Make two imaginary lines starting from the trunk area, going up to the top, then start cutting stripes horizontally (they should be about one inch thick) on both sides.
14. Start twisting the sides as you can see in the pictures.
15. When you finished doing your twists, get the bread with the baking paper on a baking pan and then cover it with a damp cloth for half an hour, 40 minutes.
16. Preheat oven for 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and mix the remaining egg whites with a little warm milk.
17. Brush it over the tree and put it into the oven for about 15 minute until golden brown.
18. Take the bread out and brush some sugar with water over it so it will have a nice glow.
19. Sprinkle the edges with some white sesame seeds and your tree is ready!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome