Apples are super good for you, but what is better than a healthy apple? A healthy apple filled with caramel!
Below you will find out how you can make this incredibly tasty treat, perfect for the fall season! Inside out caramel apple slices will be your new favorite delight for sure!
- 3 whole Large Granny Smith Apples (or Any Apple Of Your Choice)
- 1 whole Large Lemon
- 2 cups Caramel Squares, Unwrapped
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
- ¼ cups Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Chocolate Sauce (optional)
Note: these are still sticky and slightly messy, just like a traditional caramel apple. And totally worth it!
- Cut your apples in half and use a melon baller to scoop out the insides, leaving the walls intact at about 1/2 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon onto the apples and allow to set. (This will keep them from turning brown right away.)
- To make the caramel sauce, melt the caramel squares in a sauce pan over low heat, with the corn syrup. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, wipe your apples down, removing the lemon juice as much as possible. (Important: if the inside of your apple is too wet, the caramel won’t stick.)
- Pour the caramel into the hollowed out apples until just below the top. Sprinkle with pecans (if you desire). Be sure to stray away from nuts if allergies are of concern!!
- Chill in the refrigerator until the caramel has set, about 20 minutes. Cut into slices and drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.
EAT + ENJOY!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Creative