This is a recipe for the new Hasselback rage, and it is using chicken!
The result is perhaps the best tasting chicken ever! It’s easy to make and it’s definitely a dish you can impress all of your friends and family with! This stuffed-style chicken with a twist is the bomb-dot-com of chicken recipes.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 1lb chicken breasts
- 1/8 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a saute pan over medium heat, while the oven warms.
- Add the oil when the pan is hot and cook the spinach for 3-5 minutes. You want the leaves slightly wilted.
- Now stir in your ricotta and mix together for 30-60 seconds.
- Remove it from the heat and allow to cool.
- Now, take your cleaned chicken breasts, and cut slits into them about 1 centimeter apart, or about 4/10 of an inch. Do not cut all the way to the bottom. Only make them about 75% of the way through as this is the key to Hasselback chicken.
- You don’t have to be exact about the depths of cuts. Just make certain you don’t go all the way through.
TIP: Don’t worry too much about the depth of your cuts. Just make sure they’re close together and don’t go all the way through. If you go all the way through, you’re eating sliced chicken.
- Now spread the cuts open and fill with the ricotta/spinach mixture.
- Seasoning time!
- Take salt and pepper and cover it to your liking.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Paprika comes next to give it some color and smoke flavor.
- Simple place each piece of chicken in a baking dish and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cheese will melt and the juices will appear clear. This is when it should be all done and ready.
- You can serve this dish with steamed broccoli and brown rice to make it a healthy dish, or you can go more heavy with your sides. Either way, your guests will be focusing on the chicken for sure!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome