Life is short, live for the moment. We all have endured some sort of tragedy in our lives that has had us muttering the words “Life is too short”. Those words as you know could not be any more truthful. Life is short, very short and we should truly make the best of it. I think it is human nature to forget how short life really is. We all wake up in the morning, attempt to conquer our day, allow life to swallow us whole and then hit the repeat button and do it all again the next day.
The little things matter, small thoughtful actions or just a few kind words are really what most of us overlook on a daily basis as life takes over…but life is short and we should focus more on the little things.
Here are a few things you should do right now and try to consciously do on a regular basis. Why you ask? Because they matter.
1. Tell your parents you love them. Thank them for all that they do or have done for you. It doesn’t matter if you are 13 or 33, 40 or 50, you should let them know.
2. Hug your children. Let your #children know how much they mean to you and that you will always be there for them no matter what.
3. Kiss/hug your spouse or significant other. Let them know that they are your world, your rock and that you will always have their back. Kiss them randomly, hold their hand, rub their shoulders, leave them kind notes…the list is endless…you just have to do it!
4. Thank your boss. Thank your boss for giving you the opportunity to have a job, to have income and provide for your family. Trust me, they will appreciate the kind words as it is not easy being a boss.
5. Tell your #kids a story about you, about how you and their mom/dad met, or just a story from your past that they will remember. (I lost my father to cancer when he was very young and I surely remember his great story telling).
6. Play a game with your kids. Cut homework time a little short if you have to, but play with them. Spend an hour or so and just be with your kids, be part of their lives and forget about life for a while.
7. Sing! Sing loud and sing proud! If you are the shy type, belt out your favorite tune as loud as you can while your alone. If you are not shy (as I), just sing randomly and sing loud wherever you are for no other reason than it makes you feel good!
8. Do something you have never done before. Go out of your comfort zone. Go see a movie about something you thought you would hate. Listen to a radio station that plays a totally different genre of music than you would ever listen to. Eat food that is out of the norm…tofu maybe? Okay, maybe not tofu but you get the idea. The point is, just do something different, exciting, you may just like it!
9. Call an old friend, Facebook them, email them or just write them a letter. We all have those old close friends that we simply don’t see or stay in touch with nearly as much as we would like. Give them a random call and tell them that you were thinking about them and that you need to stay connected this time.
10. Be honest. Show emotion and don’t hold back. Let people know what you think, don’t be afraid to show emotion. Love more, kiss more, hug more, play more, sing more, dance more, laugh more and do more.
Life is too short, give it all you got!
Like ✪ Share ✪ Live Life