Herbal tea is quite familiar to all of us; we know that herbal tea is not only tasty but filled with nutrients as well. You will be surprised to know that the herbal tea has a lot more benefits then you anticipated.
Whether you are battling stress and anxiety or frequent migraines, consuming certain types of herbal teas can relieve those symptoms.
Chamomile tea is best for relieving stress says studies. Any person who has a daily dose of chamomile tea will feel less anxious opposed to those who don’t. Chamomile tea also helps in relieving throat infection and also in soothing mild nausea and indigestion.
An upset stomach can be felt well by treating yourself to a dose of peppermint tea. Everybody knows peppermint to be a breath freshener but the fact is that it can aid in digestion too. It helps to relax the stomach muscles and eases the bloating.
- Peppermint tea is also beneficial for
- Reducing pain and bloating from gas
- It acts as a mild expectorant for cold or bronchitis
- Reducing congestion due to cold or flu
- Relieving nausea
- Reduces cramping from diarrhea
- Induces sweating which is incidentally a body’s natural way of cooling mechanism. It helps to reduce fever.
The Valerian herb as per research helps to increase the levels of gammaaiminobutyric acid, which happens to be a brain chemical that helps to induce sleep and relax the mind too.
Cinnamon is anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal which makes it an excellent remedy overall. Cinnamon is also a wonderful source of immune-boosting antioxidants. You can also try these best home remedies using cinnamon. Cinnamon tea can be used for:
- Increasing blood circulation
- Soothing a sore throat
- Reducing nausea
- Decreasing the cold symptoms
- Easing the discomforts of stomach
- Warming up a person suffering from chills
Hibiscus flowers contain high levels of antioxidants. It is helpful for the inflammation of mucus membranes such as sore throats, gum disease and cystitis. It is calming, relieves insomnia, helps with weight management, and fights free radicals, as well. High in vitamin C and antioxidants, hibiscus tea is well known for lowering blood pressure.
Lemongrass tea is an herb loaded with healing powers. Lemon grass tea helps to
- Aid digestion
- Calm down the nervous system and anxiety
- Act as a mild diuretic in order to reduce fluid retention
- Dilate blood vessels and to enhance its circulation
- Treats high blood pressure if had on a regular basis
Ginger is a commonly found herb in every household. This humble herb when infused in tea forms a powerful medicine for cold and cough. Ginger tea is great to decrease nausea, prevent or to treat motion sickness, soothe a sore throat, reduce congestion and cold. Try these home remedies using ginger tea >>
Clove tea for ailments
Clove tea has antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Clove tea helps in the following:
- It is a powerful analgesic hence gives instant pain relief
- It breaks down the mucous so works as an expectorant
- Treats tonsillitis by relieving pain and also providing a dose of antiviral and antibacterial components.
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Healthy