Honey roasted chickpeas, otherwise knows as Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans are a low calorie, high in fiber and protein snack that tastes great!
Here is how to make this delicious little treat!
Makes 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 – 15-ounce can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drain, rinse, and dry the chickpeas. Place chickpeas on a towel to dry off. You want the chickpeas to be very dry.
- Toss the chickpeas in the olive oil and salt.
- Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Allow the chickpeas to cool slightly, and then test one. If the chickpea is still soft, then bake for another 10 minutes, or until the chickpeas are nice and crispy.
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the honey and more salt, if desired.
- You can eat the chickpeas as they are, or you can bake again for a caramelized effect. Place the coated chickpeas back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the honey gets slightly caramelized.
- Store the leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Recipe/Images via: Tiphero.com
Like ✪ Share ✪ Be Awesome